12th Annual Meeting of the ASCCT
Monday October 23, 2023 09:00AM through Wednesday October 25, 2023 12:00PM
The 12th annual ASCCT meeting will be held October 23-25, 2023 in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and feature presentations and panel discussions alongside activities designed to support and engage members, students, and scientists in the practice and advancement of in vitro and computational toxicology. The third day of the meeting will be devoted to CE courses.
Sign up for email alerts or join the society to receive notifications about the event. Please continue to check back here as we develop and begin to publish the event program.
- Continuing Education proposal submission: June 2
- Registration opening: June 15
- Abstract submission: July 14
- Late-breaking poster only submission: September 1
- Advance registration deadline: September 15
- Meeting: October 23-25, 2023
- CE proposal submission: https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/5692/submitter
- Abstract submission: https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/5693/submitter
Submit your proposal here
New this year, you are invited to submit a Continuing Education proposal to the upcoming annual meeting. Up to four CE proposals will be chosen to be presented on Wednesday, October 25th from 9:00-11:00 AM.
CE proposal guidelines:
- All proposals should fit within the mission of the ASCCT. That is, further the use of in vitro or computational toxicology methodologies, alone or in concert. Discussion of scientific and regulatory policy elements and cross-sector collaboration is encouraged.
- There will be two hours, or 120 minutes, available for your session. We suggest 3-4 speakers plus time for Q&A.
- Participatory elements are welcome; there may be support from the conference organizers available for participatory elements.
- CE sessions, unlike regular oral sessions, feature presentations addressing or providing guidance on relatively established science or practice, and are planned with specific takeaways, or learning objectives, in mind.
Please submit your proposal through our submission system here. The submission deadline is June 2, 2023. You may edit your proposal until the deadline.
We will endeavor to notify CE submitters of acceptance by June 15th.
Submit your abstract here
Present your research! Abstract submissions will be evaluated for three types of presentations: oral, poster, and flash poster, on topics related to the advancement of in vitro or computational toxicology methodologies, alone or in concert. Submission of proposals addressing scientific advancement, regulatory policy elements, cross-sector collaboration, optimization and validation, application, weight-of-evidence, and other relevant topics is encouraged.
Some sessions topics for this meeting may include:
- Filling knowledge gaps in regulatory submissions
- Integrating NAMs into decision-making
- Endocrine System, Liver
- Mixtures, Medical Devices
- NAMs as problem solvers
- Ecological/ONE health
However, submissions on all topics are welcome. Submit your abstract here. The submission deadline is July 14, 2023. You may edit your proposal until the deadline.
Note: An opportunity to submit late-breaking poster abstracts will open after the regular submission deadline.
The organizers are planning a number of activities for an engaging and stimulating meeting. There will be a focus this year on time for discussion, Q&A, and networking. As always, awards and activities for students and early-career scientists will be prioritized.
The full program will continue to develop. See below for a general outline of the meeting, subject to change.
Monday, October 23
9:00 - 5:30: Oral, flash, and printed poster sessions, lunch
5:30 - 6:00: ASCCT business meeting
Tuesday, October 24
8:30 - 3:30: Oral and poster sessions, lunch
3:30 - 5:30: Workshop and closing discussion panel
5:30 - 5:45: Awards ceremony
5:45 - 7:00: Mentoring event, share your science
Wednesday, October 25
9:00 - 11:00: CE Courses
Registration will open June 15 to allow for detail on CE course offerings to be available. To assist in planning, registration costs will be:
Advance Registration (By September 15)
- Non-member: $250
- Member: $175
- Student/Post-doc: $100
Late Registration (After September 16)
- Non-member: $300
- Member: $225
- Student/Post-doc: $100
Your support is needed to make the meeting a success! More details about sponsorship will be forthcoming. Please contact Erin Hill to indicate interest in sponsoring the meeting.
The meeting will be Metro-accessible in the Washington, DC metropolitain area. Once the venue is selected we will update this section.