The Summer School will take place at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore, MD. With their world class reputation and long history of developing and training in the 3Rs (reducing, refining, and replacing), the Johns Hopkins Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT) is an ideal location to host the 2020 Summer School on Human-Relevant Approaches in Science.
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
615 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21205
Travel and Logistics
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health is located about 25 minutes from the Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airport and about an hour from the Ronald Reagan Washington National (DCA) Airport. Both airports have some public transportation available and ride sharing is also abundant in the area.
For more information and directions to the campus visit the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health webpage.
Johns Hopkins University CAAT has a courtesy block of rooms for Summer School attendees at the following hotels, use the links below to access the group rate. Rates are available 06/21/2020 to 06/26/2020; participants are encouraged to book early to secure accommodations.
- Residence Inn Baltimore Johns Hopkins Medical Campus: $169 per night (must book by 6/7/20);
- Radisson Baltimore: $119 Standard King or Queen-Queen - up to two complimentary breakfast vouchers per room;
- Crowne Plaza: $129 Standard King or Queen-Queen - up to two complimentary breakfast vouchers per room;
- Royal Sonesta: $159 per night;
- Lord Baltimore: $139 per night that includes round-trip transportation and breakfast;
If you are traveling from outside of the United States we recommend you review the U.S. Visa information.
Upon acceptance, if you need a formal invitation letter for visa purposes, you may request an invitation by sending your name, address, and other contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "invitation letter" in the subject header. If you have been accepted as a meeting presenter, please include the name and date of your presentation.