The Summer School is specifically tailored for students and early-career scientists interested in or working with the application of non-animal approaches in toxicology and/or biomedical science. The program will combine lectures from experts in the fields of toxicology and biomedical science with interactive sessions to encourage discussion and facilitate networking among participants. Participants will be selected based on their motivation statement, poster abstract, and resume. Participants who provide poster abstracts will be eligible to receive an award during the Summer School Innovative Science awards ceremony.
To begin your application, sign in to the Summer School application portal on Oxford Abstracts. You will be prompted to register with an email, Google account, or LinkedIn.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until open slots are filled and will be evaluated in the order they are received.
- Acceptance letters will be sent out on the 15th of each month. No applications will be accepted after May 22nd, and the last set of acceptance letters will issued June 1st.
- Space is limited, so get your applications in as soon as possible!
To apply you will need:
- A motivation statement explaining why you are interested in attending the Summer School on Innovative Approaches in Science and how this program will benefit you in your studies and/or career. You may wish to provide information about your experience or future interest in human-based science. (max 500 words)
- The name and contact details of a professional reference (a reference letter is not requested)
- A resume or short CV
- An optional poster abstract (max 250 words) showcasing*
- Your research with non-animal methods
- State of the science for innovative methods in a specific area
- Programs and activities designed to educate and advance innovative science
- Research proposals for innovative science
*If motivated applicants do not feel they can submit an abstract as described above, they are still encouraged to apply. Please contact the organizers at SummerSchool@pcrm.org to discuss your application.